Washington Library's policies are basically the same as all libraries in the Wyoming State Library system with some modifications for our young patrons and families.
- Students' have checked-out books for one week, at which point the book needs to be returned or renewed.
- Students may renew materials 4 times. The book needs to be physically present to be renewed.
- There are no overdue fines, but students will not be able to check out another book until the overdue book is returned.
- Fines will be assessed when books are lost or damaged beyond repair. In lieu of paying the fine, families may choose to purchase a book with the same title, author and approximate condition (replace hard backs with hard backs, etc.)
- When fines are paid, the damaged book stays with the library. The fine pays for the damage. It does not purchase the book.
- When equivalent books are purchased to replace damaged books, students may keep the damaged book.
- Visiting parents and guardians may check-out books for one month.